View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #141
dropshot winner
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw76 View Post
Lets say you are correct about CO2 levels increasing. It still doesn't matter what people do. Clouds(mainly water droplets) have a larger affect on temprature than CO2. Most estimates I've seen.... from actual scientist say that CO2 Levels have around a 5% affect on temprature compared to other atmospheric gases/phenomena.

80%+ of those CO2 sources are NATURAL aka NOT Man Made.

If you wanted to get serious you would talk about the size of modern cities and heat islands, deforestation, replacing grass lands with wheat, and such. I'm not saying activities of man aren't affecting climate at all but people are fixated on GW and CO2 and it's a fair tale.
You don't find it shocking that CO2 levels are 30% higher than at any time in the last 400'000 years? In 10-20 years it might be 40-50%.

And please stop writing about "scientists", give me some sources. Almost all fully support GW. I don't count FOX propoganda as scientific evidence.

It's known that the earth can absord some CO2, but not indefinately. Assume it's a bit like your bathtub, you can put a lot of water in it, but if you put 30% more in it than usuall (which I suppose is near-full) you'll likely have a problem.

BTW, I'm not expecting to convince you, most ignorant people are ignorant their whole life. Just think about this discussion when the last doubt of GW is removed (won't take more than 10-20 years).
dropshot winner is offline   Reply With Quote