View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #143
dropshot winner
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw76 View Post
I like your bathtub example. Our TOTAL contriution is maybe a buckets worth. Ok now if we enacted every single change from every one of your experts in every country including china/india and emerging countries in africa etc. You would be able to remove a baby droppers worth from the tub.

There's alot of other thigns that we can do that would have a much greater effect like not cutting down the rain forest.

I'm in GA and we just had some very bad floods. It had little to do with GW. It happened because we cut down all the trees so I can live in a 4000sq/ft house and there's nothing to soak up or slow down the water.

I'm not saying not to do anything I just think the GW crusaders are misinformed and misdirected.
Not cutting down the rainforest doesn't solve GW. The cutting down of forests is an additional problem, it "only" makes the overall problem worse.

And about the last part, you say others are misinformed and misdirected, and yet you have not named a single scientist with a reputation that supports your point of views. You believe in what is most comfortable for you, sadly many others do that do. It doesn't make it any better.

We need to act now. Minimize CO2 emission as much as possible, ban the production of cars and machinery that have needlessly high emissions, make people isolate their houses instead of heating more, build a lot more near-emission free public transportation infrastructure, start using more local products instead of importing stuff from 10'000 miles away and so on.

You can't ignore the problem despite having the opportunity to really get yourself informed and think you have no responsibility for the future GW-related deaths.

Last edited by dropshot winner : 01-27-2010 at 09:16 AM.
dropshot winner is offline   Reply With Quote