View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #144
richw76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropshot winner View Post
Not cutting down the rainforest
And about the last part, you say others are misinformed and misdirected, and yet you have not named a single scientist with a reputation that supports your point of views. You believe in what is most comfortable for you, sadly many others do that do. It doesn't make it any better.

We need to act now. Minimize CO2 emission as much as possible, ban the production of cars and machinery that have needlessly high emissions, make people isolate their houses instead of heating more, build a lot more near-emission free public transportation infrastructure, start using more local products instead of importing stuff from 10'000 miles away and so on.

You can't ignore the problem despite having the opportunity to really get yourself informed and think you have no responsibility for the future GW-related deaths.
To the first statement check it out http://www.petitionproject.org/ here's a few thousand. I also listened to several hours of NPR's Copenhagen coverage and most of the very scared scientist that would go on record basically said the the same thing. Human added CO2 is not doing much to change weather patterns globally.

But you are 100% right on some things we should "make people isolate their houses instead of heating more, build a lot more near-emission free public transportation infrastructure, start using more local products instead of importing stuff from 10'000 miles away and so on."

Energy is going to become more and more expensive and reducing our energy costs are the only way we can stay competitive, especially since we are currently importing most of our energy.

I'm not against conservation. I think it's imperative. I just think Global Warming is becoming a religion, and is built on faith. Instead of the bible it uses computer models, inference, and imagination........
richw76 is offline   Reply With Quote