View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #145
dropshot winner
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw76 View Post
To the first statement check it out http://www.petitionproject.org/ here's a few thousand. I also listened to several hours of NPR's Copenhagen coverage and most of the very scared scientist that would go on record basically said the the same thing. Human added CO2 is not doing much to change weather patterns globally.

But you are 100% right on some things we should "make people isolate their houses instead of heating more, build a lot more near-emission free public transportation infrastructure, start using more local products instead of importing stuff from 10'000 miles away and so on."

Energy is going to become more and more expensive and reducing our energy costs are the only way we can stay competitive, especially since we are currently importing most of our energy.

I'm not against conservation. I think it's imperative. I just think Global Warming is becoming a religion, and is built on faith. Instead of the bible it uses computer models, inference, and imagination........
The petitionproject is just a list of some people that don't believe in WD (some of them signed back in 98 when a lot less facts/data was available).

The list was not even checked for fake names, there are people enlisted mulitple times and fake names (like "Redwine PHD").

You can get 10 times as many signatures of people with PHD thinking that the earth is 6000 years old.

Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_consensus and you might learn something:
Quote:
According to the results of a one-time questionnaire-based statistical survey published by the University of Illinois, with 3146 individuals completing the survey, 97% of the actively publishing climate scientists (as opposed to the scientists who are not publishing actively) agree that human activity, such as flue gas emissions from fossil fuel combustion and deforestation, is a significant contributing factor to global climate change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw76 View Post
I'm not against conservation. I think it's imperative. I just think Global Warming is becoming a religion, and is built on faith. Instead of the bible it uses computer models, inference, and imagination........
Worst case scenario of GW may approach armageddon in some regions.

God must love how his earth his not only destroyed through cities, wars, pollution and deforastation, but also through GW.

You are not doing anything against it by denying the facts we have. God gave you a brain, use it, get informed by multiple independant sources instead of searching only for obscure facts that support your view.
If you really are deeply religious, you should be afraid of the consequences of chosing not to do anything against it when you had the chance to.

Last edited by dropshot winner : 01-27-2010 at 12:41 PM.
dropshot winner is offline   Reply With Quote