View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #24
Mahboob Khan
Hall Of Fame

Sir: This Forum (I am writing here for the past 8 years) and other instructional websites are doing wonders in areas of technical-tactical teachings and corrections. It would be nice if the WTA and ATP players visit them, learn from them, and possibly give their input whenever they are not playing/training (due to rain delays, etc). This will result into a great interaction between players and coaches and will be good for the promotion of the game of tennis. Last year through the help of forehand models I fixed a technical flaw in the forehand of Aisam ul Haq Qureshi of Pakistan who is an ATP player. Because of that minor adjustment in his point of contact and backswing, he had great wins against Paradorn Srichaphan/Thailand, and Lu/Chinese Taipei in Davis Cup matches. I live in Islamabad/Pakistan and away from these sites but found them excellent teaching tools to fix those flaws we often see on the WTA and ATP tours:

-- This forum

-- www.tennisplayer.net (excellent video work by John Yandell)

-- www.procomparetennis.net (excellent downloadable hitting sequencings)

-- www.tennisgeometrics.com (excellent info about grips, etc)

-- www.tennisone.com (just excellent).

It would also be a good idea if your touring Pros employ certified coaches in addition to their "hitting partners" -- these hitting partners are good in hitting but not good in fixing a technical and/or tactical problem!

Regards,

Mahboob Khan
Tennis Program Director
Islamabad/Pakistan
email: makhan67@hotmail.com