View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
freedomtennis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM178 View Post
Sounds like tennis elbow. A bad, bad case. If it is, my guesstimate is minimum 3 months of no tennis, no weights, and restricted activities. Take it from someone who has had this 3 times. The first time I got dared to play someone while I had the tendinitis, and it took me out for a year.

Lesson: don't muck around with this. This is a very serious injury. If it's hurting that badly, chances are good that the tendon is torn, and you are going to have to give it time to heal.

Why doesn't it hurt while you play? That's what I asked when mine was ongoing. It's because the damage is done, and because the arm basically goes numb while you play. You're focusing on the match, instead of the injury. Some injuries can not be overlooked during a match (groin, shoulder, knee, etc.), but most anybody can play through elbow. Take my advice: let it heal.
but I get it in both elbows so it cant be just from tennis because I am right handed. I also dont get pain from anything but lifting. Also the pain is very little and tennis elbow occurs on the opposite side of the elbow which I am not reffering to. Anyways I am gonna go to the doc soon but I just want to know what it is. Looked all over the internet but didn't find much.
freedomtennis is offline   Reply With Quote