View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #41
35ft6
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogruskie View Post
Meal 1 (Breakfast): Either a combination of Cereal, banana, and cup of yogurt OR eggs, banana, yogurt
Roughly 400 calories? Depending on type of cereal, yogurt, milk, and size of banana.
Quote:
Meal 2 (snack 1): Apple and handful of almonds
About 400 calories? Depending on size of apple, but nuts are incredibly dense in calories. a cup of almonds is about 800 calories, so depending on how big your hand is...
Quote:
Meal 3 (lunch): Turkey sandwich with whole grain bread, yogurt, banana/apple
500 to 600 calories?
Quote:
Meal 4 (pre workout): A little bit of oatmeal, some fruits
Assuming a little bit is still about a cup, and not sure what some fruits mean but 400 calories?
Quote:
Meal 5 (post workout): Whey protein shake, 3 spoons of peanut butter, blueberries
A teaspoon of peanut butter is close to 100 calories, and my whey protein is about 120 a scoop, so about 500 calories total?
Quote:
Meal 6 (dinner): Whatever mom makes. Usually a combination of chicken and soup.
I'm assuming 500 to 700 calories. Or more depending on the soup and how the chicken is prepared.

You seem to be eating anywhere from 2500 to 3000 calories a day according to this website. There's some interpretation involved, but I was erring towards the conservative side. Assuming you are 18 years old, about 175 pounds and 5'8", and exercise 5 times a week, you would need about 2500 calories to maintain weight according to this website. For "fat loss" about 2000 calories a day, and for "extreme fat loss" around 1571.

I know you said you made some adjustments, and it's only been 3 days, but you're eating a lot, man. As much as you're eating, I would kind of have to put effort into eating that much and that often. I would shoot for 1500 to 2000 calories a day, cut out a lot of the fruit, much of the yogurt, and definitely the peanut butter, and seriously cut down on the carbs after 3pm or just simply no carbs after 3.

And don't use the mirror. Like somebody said, the way you look is a better gauge when we're talking weeks and months. People imagine all sorts of crazy things looking in the mirror. Weigh yourself, but realize there will be slight fluctuation even if you're doing well. Measure yourself once a week. And eat a whole lot less. I don't even know what you drink. My god. If you're drinking soda or fruit juices or milk, that could be an extra 500 calories a day easy.

Last edited by 35ft6 : 02-17-2010 at 09:59 AM.
35ft6 is offline   Reply With Quote