View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #54
Ross K
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standupnfall View Post
How would a Soft Poly such as Black Magic or PolyStar Energy at 40-50lbs compare to a Super Soft Multi like Maxim Touch at 55-58lbs in terms of arm-friendliness.
Or even a cheap first gen Poly at 40-50.

I did like Polystar at 50 and wondering how arm friendly this is compared to a much softer string at a standard mid tension like 55lbs.

Thanks
Well, I tried it yesterday in my Vantage @ 45 lbs. And while it was too low for my tastes (too springy/lively, although the kick on serve was just unbelievable!), my impression of the string was very positive indeed.

As other have reported, it's soft and smooth, with good spin/control/oomph - and, yes, excellent comfort for a poly... okay, the tension obviously has to be considered here and in a big way. However, my instinct is this could well be precisely the poly I've been looking for. BTW my other Vantage is back from the stringers after the weekend (Poly. Energy @ 56 lbs), so I could answer your query better then.

Sorry. Can't really answer your other qsn re comparing to soft multi/Maxim Touch.

R.
Ross K is offline   Reply With Quote