View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #230
dParis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakas View Post
Last movie I watched was yesterday the Shawshank Redemption.I was waiting and waiting for it to turn out the masterpiece everyone's been raving about but then after 3some hours nothing.Did I watch a different movie? I would give it 3stars out of 5 completely forgettable movie for me.
I, too, saw SR for the first time recently. I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while (though I haven't been watching many movies lately). Well acted, well produced and well written. There is something about a good story - you just know it when you see it. The plot was executed at a brilliant, natural pace. Nothing felt forced and one needn't make spoiling suspensions of disbelief as is the case with so many movies. Did it change the way movies are made or the way we watch them? No, not really. But after the watching it, I almost wanted to commit a crime, get thrown in jail (skip the r@ping), break out and move to a beach in Mexico.

The most recent movie I watched was Boondock Saints at the strong urging of a friend. This movie tried so hard to be so many things, it was embarrassingly painful to watch at times. It took me some time to realize that this was a camp flick. Once I started watching with that perspective, I still thought it sucked. There were some funny moments, but more funny-bad moments.