Thread: My training
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
J_R_B
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoSette View Post
Hi. I'm 31 years old, 182 pounds, 5 feet and 9 inches tall.

I have 3 private tennis lessons a week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 30 minutes each.

On Monday and Friday I go to the Gym and do the Foundational Strength (http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...-training.html)

On saturday I do some running for 30 minutes with a heart rate of 70 - 80% MHR.

Is that a good training plan?

My first objective is to loose wheight and the second one is to play a better tennis.

Any advise?
Your exercise plan is fine, but if your first objective is to lose weight, then diet is far, far more important than exercise. What you need to do is set a target daily calorie & macronutrient intake, keep a food diary, and make sure you are hitting your targets at least on a weekly average basis. Your daily target should probably be in the 2000-2200 range with at least 150g protein per day, but that depends on your personal metabolism and stuff. The more important thing is the food diary. You can't understand a diet until you completely understand what you are eating, and that means recording every bite and counting the calories. You'd be surprised where it adds up. There are websites like fitday.com that do 75% of the heavy lifting for you.

Think about diet vs. exercise this way. 90 minutes of going full speed on an elliptical machine burns about 1000 calories. There are 1000 calories in an order of fries and a large soda. Is it easier to do an elliptical workout at maximum effort for 90 minutes every day? Or is it easier to eat broccoli and drink water instead of the fries and soda, which costs no additional time or effort? It is far easier to cut calories than to burn them. That is a 100% truism of weight loss.
J_R_B is online now   Reply With Quote