View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #33
sstchur
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by David123 View Post
Wow 5-8 rackets per week. That's a lot i wish i would get that much business for myself too. Now its starting to make sense why YOU would complain about not having SC mounts. I would assume it does get tedious having to do 3-4 rackets in a row on a non-sophisticated machine with cone lock clamps and non SC mounts. Now i truly understand (or hoping i understand) the position you're in. Hopefully your customers bring you enough income Did you know that you were going to string so much before you bought the machine? How much did you think you were gonna string before you bought the machine? Speaking personally, i think i have come to the decision that i will purchase the Alpha Revo 4k. I got the measurements for the Revo, and i think i've found a perfect place to put it so that its an ideal height.

The reason why i am buying a Revo is that it contains all of the things (except SC mounts) that a lot of the higher end machines have. For example really good clamps (3 toothed and spring assisted). So therefore i wouldn't have to spend money on upgrading. The only thing i may want in the future is to make it eletric and i can do that by buying a wise 2086. That would be the only addition in my opininon that i could make to the machine that will leave me with no regrets.

What i am trying to do, and hopefully you can undertsand what i am getting at is to try to buy everything i need in a machine at the beginning so that i wouldn't have to upgrade (except for electric since buying one at the start is expensive, and the wise is very very good) For example, i wouldn't buy cone lock base clamps EVEN if i tried them and liked them, because maybe in the future i'd realize that i want better (even if theyre working great, because that's what humans are, always wanting more even if things are already easy) and then i'd have to pay 200$ for upgrade of the clamps if not more. You get what i am trying to say? I tried to describe it to the best of my ability.
I didn't know I would do this many. And it isn't this many every week. It comes and goes in phases.

I started stringing for a few friends at my club with my SP Swing (so flying clamps, drop weight). I didn't mind. I enjoyed it actually.

I figured the Titan 7700 was a HUGE upgrade over the SP Swing and there was no way I could need more than that (especially since my comparison point was a much lesser machine.)

But I started advertising a bit and word of mouth... how could I have known...
sstchur is offline   Reply With Quote