View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #25
Visceral
New User

Default Update

I wanted to give an update on my elbow problems. It's been about a year since I first started experiencing the symptoms of Golfer's Elbow. I was really forced to quit tennis for about six months. Judging from the previous post in this thread, I probably had tendonosis. The pain has VERY SLOWLY gotten better. But, I still have mild elbow pain when I play tennis with my brace. I still have soreness the next day when I do any activity that requires repetitive arm motions (bowling, using a screwdriver, etc...). But, the pain is much than it was. I did about three or four months of PT on the elbow and just gave it a ton of rest. I stopped lifting weights and stopped playing tennis entirely. Right now I can FINALLY do all those activities again on consecutive days without extreme arm pain. I still haven't tried playing in a weekend tournament that would include 4 or more matches. I would assume that would be too much for my elbow even a year later.

Learn from my mistakes. If you feel pain in your elbow, STOP PLAYING TENNIS for a while and consult a doctor if it persists.
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote