View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Nation View Post
Hi all, im trying to join a 4.5 league this season...only problem is the self rating part. I took about 3 years off from tennis during college. However based off http://dps.usta.com/usta_master/site...oc_13_7372.pdf I am a 5.5 because I was number 16 in my section about 5 years ago in 18 and under and im still under 30. So when I went to register for the league its said I was a 5.5 (which I am not)

Will this effect me in a negative way, or effect the team in any way?

Is there a way to correct this? I played in a 4.5 doubles tourney two months ago and won, so wouldnt I be a 4.5 by default?
First if you win a 4.5 tourney you should be 4.5 or higher not 4.5 by default.

Being top 20 in your section, even in a weak section should be better than 4.5. Did you have a national ranking? Maybe you don't play as much as you did then, but what are you- 23 years old? You easily get back into playing form in a couple months or so.

I would not play for this 4.5 team, unless you inform them that you could get DQ'ed if someone files a grievance or just by 3 strikes. I would say that there is a high chance that either of those will happen. Even if you don't have 3 strikes against you from match play all it takes is one person to find out about your background and you are in pretty much toast.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote