View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #17
abmk
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosero View Post
As long as the ball takes any kind of bounce, I count it as a groundstroke. Do you know how many half-volleys you counted as volleys? I'm not sure we can compare our numbers without that.
not sure, I didn't mark them down, either one or two ...

Quote:
That aside, can you take your numbers that are different from mine and break them down by set for me? That way I can save time and find where the discrepancy is.
sampras FH winners by set: 3,5,3,1
sampras BH winners by set: 0,2,1,2
sampras BHV winners by set:2,0,4,1

I have agassi making 1 FHV in the 3rd set

Quote:
Also, in this match or going forward, let me know how many of your winners were judgment calls (the opponent slightly tipping the ball), since I only count clean winners.
I haven't marked those , unfortunately

Quote:
I don't have anything marked down as a lob, but I wonder if judgment calls come into that too. Occasionally I've seen shots where I'm not entirely sure if they're lobs or "regular" passes.
It was a lob and an excellent one at that. sampras tried his best but couldn't get his racquet on it ..

Quote:
Like we mentioned in the other thread, I've always counted passes even if they're hit from in front of the service line, though I probably will not count that way in the future. Maybe I gave Agassi an extra BH pass that way, though I don't mark down on my sheet that type of distinction.
probably, I do remember one point where agassi who was at the net passed sampras at the net with a BH down the line
abmk is offline   Reply With Quote