View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
Cindysphinx
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Eddy View Post
When your partner crosses over to your side, leaving one side of the court double-teamed, and the other side completely open, I think it's a no-brainer that you need to get over to the open side. Somebody who thinks, "But that's my partner's side, I shouldn't have to cover it, it's my partner's responsibility.", isn't much of a team player. It moderately annoys me when partners say "switch" because they think I'm such a noob that I'd just stand there and leave half the court open. Anyone above 2.5 shouldn't need to be told to "switch". It's just common sense, you cover where you're needed, don't be obsessed with "my side/your side" thinking. You're supposed to be a team.
"Switch" = "I'm not going to be able to play this ball, so you'll have to get it." It does not mean "Please don't be a noob and leave half the court open."

It is very annoying to me when partners do not say switch (or something) for lobs. It means I must read their minds, their body language, everything. Why can't they just say what they're going to do?