View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #44
namelessone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Agony View Post
If I were a *******, I would try to find something else, like attacking Fed for his loser attitude at times after he loses or the stuff he said about Jankovic. Plenty of stuff to bash Fed over, but sportsmanship isn't one of them.

OT - is there any new development on the Hanescu indident? I totally forgot about it with all the Rafa/Petz stuff going on.

WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -Victor Hanescu has been fined $15,000 by Wimbledon officials after a spitting incident in his third-round match.The Romanian was fined $7,500 Saturday for unsportsmanlike conduct after swearing and spitting in the direction of hecklers in the crowd. He was fined an additional $7,500 for not using ``best efforts'' at the conclusion of Friday's match against Germany's Daniel Brands.The Romanian foot-faulted and served a series of double-faults in the final game of his match before retiring while trailing 0-3 in the fifth set. He said he had a leg muscle injury.Hanescu has 10 days to appeal.

Kinda harsh if you ask me. How come the umpire isn't punished for not taking any action against those punks?
namelessone is offline   Reply With Quote