View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
barry
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers4Life View Post
I kinda agree with you, but the quality between an Eagnas and a Gamma are night and day. The Taiwan made machines are much better quality than the China made machine. Prince and Gamma machines are still made in Taiwan. Eagnas were also made in Taiwan, up until a few years ago, then the company switched to China production. The difference in the Eagnas machines that were made in Taiwan and China are also night and day.

The main difference is the tollerances and the quality of parts. Like the Cone-Lock base clamps of the Flex 940. Before they had adjustable handles, now they are fixed. As for the tension head it had not changed, though the Gamma tension heads are much beefier than the Eagnas. I recently got a Plus 6500 as a backup machine, and was surprised the tensionhead was spot on when I tested it.
The real question is if you strung 2 rackets; one on each of your two machines, could anyone tell the difference? I have an Eagnas and get a lot of frames that were strung on expensive machines, mainly Prince and Babolat, but the feedback I get is they can't tell any difference. I still believe the stringer is more important than the machine, and paying a lot for a machine does not guarantee a good string job. I have to agree with Lawdog, machines are really simple devices and do not warrant high cost.
barry is offline   Reply With Quote