View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
justinmadison
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisNIKE View Post
i actually think this is a good idea. this way families with less money wont have to pay as much money if they want to play national tournaments. Either way juniors don't need to be playing so many national tournaments. this way they can still play local tournaments and get some good competition as this forces other juniors to play them as well.
I am unable to understand your position.

Families, with or without money, will still have to pay the same amount of money to play national tournaments.

Families without enough money to play with not be able to play either way. If there are tournaments or if there are not. How does it help anyone to eliminate the ability to play tournaments for those who can afford to?

The skill level difference between the kids playing local tournaments and the skill level it takes to win at the highest level is enormous. The only result of having those kids play local tournaments is a reduction in top level talent.

My guess is you do not have a junior player playing competitively or you would know this. My second guess is the people who made the decision also do not have junior players playing competitively.