View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
HiroProtagonist
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags View Post
I find the difference in general between 27 and 27.5" to be quite dramatic - the extra length made so much more difference that I would have expected. The piece I cut off (which you can see on the table in the second picture) weighed 8 grams. Because of the large number of factors you're changing (length, weight, balance) in one go, you should notice the difference. Which is rather the point - if you didn't, why would you cut it in the first place? I was matching mine to a 27" racquet so knew what specs I was aiming for.

There were no complications at all. I measured and re-measured before I cut, but did it in one rather than a bit at a time. I was surprised how easy it was actually, I thought graphite would put up more of a fight! Unlike user92626, I didn't use any glue: my new pallets are held in place with double-sided tape, and the butt cap is secured with a staple gun.
Thnx again Dags,

My aim in shortening my iPrestige mp XL is not an adjustment of the weight or balance but rather I find the extra .5" noticeably awkward in my hand affecting my timing. Also switching between standard and extended length racquets doesnt seem like a good idea for my tennis brain.

Now if I could just find a way to get the damn staples out w/out destroying the butt cap

And I want to give a special thanx to Ross for very graciously not getting annoyed w my thread jacking