View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #865
subz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dParis View Post
The demo disk for my Blu-ray player is cinematically beautiful also. That doesn't make it a great movie.

Thanks for the primer on how to properly enjoy "cinema" but I am very open-minded when viewing and there hasn't been a movie made that I was unable to comprehend.

While the TRL may have had a great cast, the casting for the movie was awful. What I said in my previous post was that the TRL was a great sleep inducer. For 98% of the population it will outperform Ambien. It's a movie only a film student could love and even one of those, speaking honestly, would admit to its shortcomings.
Are you serious ? The casting was great...Sean Penn as Sgt. Welsh and James Caviezel as Pvt. Witt, were amazing and the rest of the cast was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dParis View Post

I am very open-minded when viewing and there hasn't been a movie made that I was unable to comprehend.
Well that is your view....sometimes one thinks he understands everything but in reality they dont.

I loved the movie, if everyone in the world thinks otherwise, i dont care The Thin Red Line is in my top 5 movies of all times

EDIT: The movie was nominated for 7 oscars...

Last edited by subz : 09-14-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Additional info
subz is offline   Reply With Quote