View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #50
QiRoy
New User

@ Peoplespace....You're completely right. Bulgaria's winter weather is NOT conducive to tennis. As for Portugal, I'm not sure, but I'd think that most of Europe would be pretty ****.

Okay, well I'll throw a video out there to hopefully get the ball rolling then guys. But first a bit of background....

So, I played when I was 9,10 and 11 years oldish. Then stopped. I'm turning 30 Next month.

Last year I took a complete novice friend out for a hit with my old prince lightning 90's We had maybe 6-10 pretty horrible hits in the first half of the year, then went overseas.

While overseas, I bought a new racket and think I had 2 hits with a friend in London with it.

Then, this year, with my novice friend, I had about 6ish more hits. Then had to travel for business/pleasure, so I decided to take my racket with me and see how much tennis I could get in and how much I could improve.

Since leaving New Zealand on the 29th of August I managed to have about 7 hits in Canada, 3 in Bulgaria and 3 1/4 in China. (The 1/4 being when I rolled my ankle).

About the video.....

Obviously there was no use me sending video of me hitting terrible shots into the net or sky. So, the forehand/backhand shots are 'best-of' (technique-wise) in my opinion. (Still a work in progress obviously)

I'm aware that a one perspective camera shot of snippets of shots aren't very accurate in judging my level. It's definitely lower than what I look like in this video, but I am reasonably confident that with some regular, descent, focused training and troubleshooting, I can become reasonably consistent. And my fitness and footwork surely can only improve seeing as I'm yet to focus on these points. I was horrified by how sluggish I was when watching footage back.

Unfortunately, the Great Firewall of China doesn't seem to like Youtube or Dropbox, so I'm trying to sort something else out now......
QiRoy is offline   Reply With Quote