View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
southerncross
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshot View Post
I've been watching this girls videos and found that she is going to be an amazing player down the road. I don't think she's played any tournys yet but hope to see her results in the future.

Here's one of her videos. There are plenty more of you search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AswCuYZv8uU
I've been following Emira on Youtube for a year or two, and am mystified as to why she's not played matches, yet. Surely the desire to play tennis is about the game itself. Otherwise it's a sad mix of parental ambitions, fear of the real risk of failure (where all the real learning is done on the court) and the inevitable result she ends up a mechanical player without a mental game. You can be sure Federer, Murray and Nadal played tournaments first, and endured a regimental coaching regime later, to better their game. I would place every cent I had on Emira not making it while she's kept in her barn hitting balls like a back-firing ball machine. She obviously has great talent, but so do thousands of other juniors who never 'make it', because their mental game was stunted by over-protective and/or over-ambitious parents avoiding matches they never wanted their 'puppets' to play.