View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
TennisCoachFLA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-silver View Post
Her strokes look too mechanical. Reminds me of something TCFL said one time, something like - just let the younger kids play and have fun and they will naturally develop good strokes and footwork and then add in proper instruction to work out the flaws. She just seems too stiff and programmed.
This is a great example of that stiffness that kids can fall into. But to be fair, we can't judge Emira from this one video as she may just be working on her form.This little girl has been coached very well to do everything correctly on the forehand. No doubt she has great basic form. Now I will post a video that tenniscrazed has posted before. A girl about the same age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKBi...eature=related

Getting Emira from what she is doing in her video to being fluid and moving and being intense enough to compete with girls like Shiskina is the big step. By the way Shiskina has improved her backhand a ton now and seems to have gotten past that push she had in this video.

I would love to see a video of Emira in a movement drill to see how she translates her basic form into a situation more like real tennis. If she is a great mover then she can work past the stiffness and become a very nice player.

Last edited by TennisCoachFLA : 10-13-2010 at 07:48 AM.