View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
bigserving
Semi-Pro

Unfortunately, I tore up may ankle badly a few years ago, 3 ligs on the outside and 2 on the inside. Major hecka big ouch. In all, I was feeling the effects for about two years after.

I was back on the court however, in less than two months. A couple of things that helped me a lot were some shoes. There is a company (the name escapes me at the moment) that makes shoes to prevents ankle injuries. Their technologie is the "cantilever sole" and it really does work. I use their high-top basketball shoes on court for about a year.

The other thing that I would suggest, if you have the resources, is to go to a sports physical therapist. They should be able to give you some insight into why your ankle continues to hurt where it does, and give you some excersises to help strengthten the affected ligament. I went Crowell in Fair Oaks and they really helped me understand what to expect in the healing process.

For about a year also, I used some light athletic tape on my ankle. It worked better for me because I found it to be firmer, yet less bulky than braces.

Always wear two pair of socks so that your foot and ankle can slide around a bit in your shoe.

If I remember the brand of those shoes, I will come back, maybe you can to a search or call of couple of athletic shoe stores and ask.
bigserving is offline   Reply With Quote