View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:36 AM   #30
dgdawg
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierLW View Post
I went on the BBB website and you can do more then just look at the grade. He has a F because he didnt respond to 7 complaints. They could of been silly complaints for all we know.

You did read the website, you can see how many people out there ask him for things that he simply does not provide, like measuring parts for machines that they did not buy etc... That's the whole reason he made that silly site.
If they are so horrible then why are these people asking him for this in the first place, obviously Gamma will not measure their parts if you want to buy something for an Eagnas machine....

But again at least you admit you dont know anything about their machines, you are just applying to hearsay, perception, and your own personal feelings about the company's poor marketing or customer service. Hardly any of those are of help to someone who's actually trying to use a machine that they already bought...

It was fun....
Javi-I think this thread is getting WAY off topic. I can tell you from experience, Victor (Eagnas) doesn't give a Rats Azz about his customers or anyone trying to purchase Eagnas parts.
I've spoken to him a dozen times or more. He's a nice enough guy, but he doesn't care!
I've owned 2 SP machines, an Eagnas Comet 11, built and Alpha Equinox, and now my current machine. The Comet and Equinox APPEARED to have the exact same tables, till you actually saw them up close and used them. NO comparison. Mark @ Alpha spent a crap ton of time on the phone with me BEFORE I even spent any money on Alpha. He even suggested maybe Alpha wasn't the machine for me!!
Vic, on the other hand, flat out told me, quote: "you're an idiot to spend more for the same thing. It's your money, man" end quote.
Ha ha....OK. It was a $600 mistake.
Ppl ask him for his parts because they're 1/2 the cost of anyone else's parts.
You specifically mentioned Gamma not measuring there parts for a competitors machine. NOT TRUE!!!!
I hated the clamp bases on my Comet. I called Brett @ ATS (a Gamma Rep) trying to get a decent CB for the Comet. He went out of his way to measure AND email me a spec sheet on 2 diff Gamma clamp bases to use on my Comet. (they wouldn't work)
I scrapped the Comet, built the Equinox, and then bought a Star 5.
So...I'm not trying to be disrespectful...AND, with all due respect to you, my friend, I think you, as well, are commenting on things you really don't know much about. (I say this in all sincerity!!)
A lot of other machine company rep.'s were willing to sell me their parts full well knowing the part wasn't for their machine. Vic (Eagnas) won't.

Lets kill this "off topic" discussion and get back to helping.

Back on topic: poly's shouldn't tension any differently than any other string, poly's just have less elasticity. I have to think the OP just needs to factor that in, and adjust the d/w arm/clutch to accommodate for this.

Last edited by dgdawg : 10-29-2010 at 05:49 AM.
dgdawg is offline   Reply With Quote