View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #32
Buckethead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racquetdynamics View Post
by selling cheap, low quality goods to people who actually think Andy Murray uses a Radical Pro, while family businesses that produce quality goods like Volkl and Fischer go bankrupt

Did Fischer and Volkl really go bankrupt? As far as I heard, Fischer sold their racquet sports division to Pacific. Volkl is still in business, although they have some of the worst distribution and corporate strategy anyone has ever seen.

What about the stupid sheep who buy the crap that companies like Head, Babolat and Wilson are producing these days? There are quite a lot of top quality smaller brands out there that make EXCELLENT equipment. How many people seek out, for example, Toalson racquets? Check out their Arrow model. Hands down THE best player's racquet available. Yet you can't find it very easily. Go figure.
Good answer.
I will also add that Volkl(great rackets), Boris Becker(good rackets), Yonex (some made in China), Donnay, still make great rackets and it is not because of China that the products from Dunlop, Babolat, Head, Wilson, it is because of the company who gives their players the highest quality and for retail they give the c.r.a.p products.
If companies go bankrupt is not only because of their products and consumer base , but also because of management.
China has nothing to do with quality control, but the companies that don;t really care about their customers.
I do like to play with my green butt cap that says Japan, not only because it's the best but they care about their customers.
That is why I chose Yonex, the best rackets, affordable prices, great quality and quality control designed for players who don't have to be professional to get great rackets unlike most of the others.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote