View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #37
charliefedererer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
Yeah, I could stand for a some fat loss. I have a bit of a spare tire in front (not a gut, but it's still there )

Anyone got good fat burning exercises that isn't long, boring cardio?
Ano gave you some great suggestions for inside work, as did JRB.

Here's another. Long Treadmill, cycling, rowing, stair-stepping and cross-country skiing exercises bore me to tears. But one to two minutes on each at high speed (HIIT like), then moving on to the next and the next for some reason keeps my interest high.

And for outside work, often I'll go on HIIT runs, and use different routes. Yesterday I ran to my local college, did a bunch of sprints, sidestepping and carioca steps, and agilitly drills on the multiple soft athletic fields, and ran back home.
Another favorite run is to some hilly nearby woods. I'll sprint up the hills for power, coast along the flats (unless its a long section when I'll throw a sprint in), and sprint down the hills for increased foot speed.
If I feel my legs have taken too much of a pounding recently, I'll switch over to a bike ride.

Just for kicks, I'll often use one of those heart rate monitors. There's something about numbers that motivates a lot of people. Constantly keeping the heart rate above 150, and pushing it into the 160's and 170's on the sprints can really alleviate any boredom.

Last edited by charliefedererer : 01-12-2011 at 08:16 AM.
charliefedererer is offline   Reply With Quote