View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
Don't Let It Bounce
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
To the OP.....folks around here suggest Federer use a bigger frame because they are trying to rationalize his game through their experience. Hey, if it helped them, it's got to be a help to him. The problem is, Federer et. al play a game with which none of us is familiar. Roger Federer is the best judge of what equipment works best for him.
This has to be the bottom line, and it's why it sometimes looks silly when the question keeps coming up.

But I don't think the question is silly, if for no other reason because other players at/near the top of the game have made that sort of change for that sort of reason. Federer did once already, as pointed out, and Sampras has said publicly that he regrets not having done so late in his career (maybe just on clay; don't remember the exact wording). Courier is making noise recently about moving to a 99 sq" frame, too. So I guess I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson kept trying to find a MP design that works for the guy, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they didn't succeed.