View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
WinNCash
Rookie

I've not played much so you can take this for what it's worth, but I demo'd the X-Yellow recently and preferred it to the other racquets I have tried. I would like to think I have a bit better ball sense and technique than the average beginner because of the other racquet sports I have played, but that may just be me being hopeful!

I felt like the racquet helped me get some confidence hitting through the ball on my forehand, and consequently I was able to produce more spin to keep it in the court more often. I had never hit a backhand slice before but I tried a few with some success (success criteria being that they didn't hit the net and stayed in the court), sort of hard for me to compare to other racquets since I haven't hit that shot but it didn't feel forced to me. My one handed topspin backhand actually had some topspin. Haha. But it's my better shot and it felt good.

I didn't notice a lot of vibration and I didn't play with the dampener either (I don't really like them.) I thought the yellow color was very very bright but kind of took a liking to it after a while. It's quite the contrast with the shiny silver.

Overall the racquet reminded me of one of my old racquetball racquets, an Ektelon with a thinner beam and a good, solid, basic feel. I want to try the Orange or Red just to see if I want a bit more weight or not. But it does come with the extra weights so I'm not sure that really matters all that much.

For the level I'm at, I think its good if I can pick how much power I put on the ball, and this racquet allowed me to do that.
WinNCash is offline   Reply With Quote