View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 03:36 AM   #55
Irvin
Legend

Yes it seems to me if I have 16 mains my cross will go over and under 8 mains and the two grommet holes on each side should be on a parallel plain to the string bed so no matter which strings in go over and under as long as they alternate I will have the same amount of friction.

If you use an ATW pattern where there are only 14 mains when tensioning crosses and you do the outside mains at the end I can see it, maybe.

I would think most tensioners are below the string bed so if you were to go over the last mains instead of under you would have less angle and friction on the frame but you are saying the opposite. I believe you but I just don't understand the physics behind it.

As an afterthought if I go under the last main with my cross and push my clamp up on the cross string is it possible there could be less drawback on the clamp? Maybe the cross being held by the clamp (outside and inside the main) makes a difference but I would assume the same would happen if you went over that last main.

Irvin

Last edited by Irvin : 03-15-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Irvin is offline   Reply With Quote