View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #50
Pneumated1
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaverick View Post
If you are a 4.5-5.0, it will take a tremendous amount of work to gain another 1/2 pt. As you go up the pyramid, it takes a lot more to improve. You will not need the Melbourne until your game is good enough for better players to be willing to hit with you, and that, not the stick, will be your greatest obstacle. Until then, handling that level's ball quality, is not something to worry about.

As you climb-up the ladder, attitudes become more acute, and a-holism becomes rampant. Your record and you technique, will be the measuring stick for which players eval you, and the latter, is more important to gain others' respect. Gaining others' respect is really difficult unless your game blows them away from the sideline, and that, ain't easy. Stick with the London.
A lot of wisdom there. The computer rates me 4.0, but 4.5 players often ask me to hit, as my shots, pace, and ball quality are closer to theirs. I'm stuck where I am currently because of the "between the ears" disease. Coaching/lessons would definitely help and that's something that I plan to integrate regularly, very soon.

As far as 5.0 players around here, I would guess that most of the teaching pros at the local clubs are at about that level, but I don't see myself getting offers to hit with them anytime soon, so I see your point.

And as I said, I have no intention of parting with the London anyway.
Pneumated1 is offline   Reply With Quote