Thread: Mikeler's Polys
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #45
FedererBestTennis
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeler View Post
Well I hit the PolyStar Energy 17 first this morning. It was a little stiffer than I had hoped but no arm problems. At 2-2 in the first set, I hit a forehand off the bottom of the racket and snapped it. A few other guys who are stringers looked at it and told me the grommets looked fine. I thought the same thing. Guess I'll see if I can get a replacement set but I'm probably out of luck. All I can say is that I hit a decent drop shot on the one I tried. This did seem to have a lot of spin.

So I used the B5E/MCS hybrid the rest of the 2.5 sets I played. I lost the first 4 games I played with that string. Definitely a different feeling than a full multi job. Once I got it dialed in, I played fairly well with it. Spin did not seem overwhelming but it was pretty nice in all areas of the game. I'll post a full review after I've hit with it some more.

Thanks everyone for the soft poly suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
I am really loving this set of black Magic in my prestige. It has an amazing pocketing feel that the mosquito bit does not give me. If you do ever go full poly, Black Magic is incredible in certain sticks in the high 40s/low 50s.
Would Black Magic be good in a BLX 6.1 16x18? What tension do you suggest? I normally string poly at 57.5/56.5.