View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #37178
PaulMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPeeps View Post
Are you going to be like the guy in the crazy glue commercial where we see you advertising this stuff suspended in midair while being stuck to a metal beam?

If you start advertising a sham wow, I may have to start worrying about you.
Nah, HW's right. JB Weld is awesome but definitely overkill for this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsveryinterestin View Post
got 1 RDIS200 strung w/ BBO at 58.5M/57.5X
should be just over 12oz strung w/ overgrip.

gonna slap an overgrip on it and let it be for the day.
p.s. - dunno about summer humidity, but right now i really like Gamma Supreme. try it out if you haven't already!

p-man: i tried 2 awls, pliers, screwdriver, wirecutters, etc to get the staples out. eventually had to use a drill to make small holes to make room for an awl.
even then it was still a pain. but what a JOY it was when i finally yanked each staple out!

hw, i used loctite epoxy 3200psi supposedly. hopefully i used enough and didn't EFF this up!

swung it around the living room. yup, by the feel of it, i'm prolly goin pro now! pretty sure my inside-out forehand is going to be 9.0 ukraine tennis/buffet combined rating. (it doesn't get much higher than that, i think?)

the 200 paint is definitely not as great as the ferrari 100. but it has a classic look to me that will look nice when i am drinking a glass of Scotch and listening to Sinatra. definitely needs the YY stencil in red though!
Man those staples must have been a pain! Usually I just use the awl and it'll poke right thru the edge of the butt cap plastic and under the staples...but then again maybe Yonex butt caps and staples are extra hard to get out or maybe titanium plated?

I've used the Loctite epoxy stuff - it's plenty strong.
PaulMan is offline   Reply With Quote