View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
DeShaun
Banned

Default Went to an open stance with the (rh)forehand. Now it's an extremely open stance.

I lead with the right foot in front of the left. It's working well although, it places some strain on my right achilles when I hit heavy working mostly forehands for several days in a row.
Now, to the 1h-backhand, sometimes I am not getting sideways, but utilizing this same open stance. Leading with the right foot; getting (not so great) shoulder rotation but great depth of drop to the racket head behind my left hamstring just above my calf. I am on a wide base lunging forwards when I pocket the ball at just below waist height, just above-and forwards of the right knee. The farther away the contact point, though, the more the stance must close and I get sideways. Also, this involves a grip change from extreme eastern to eastern, or possibly a very firm continental.
I am just trying to make sense of some thoughts. I have just come from hitting at the wall. Plus, I have been trying to figure out how to hit a 1h-backhand.
DeShaun is offline   Reply With Quote