View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #1426
Ajtat411
Semi-Pro

^I think you're taking LeeD's rating too seriously. And like many have posted, he's notorious for rating a little lower. It could be that he's from the 70's and standards were a little different back then.

With just looking at your serves that you posted that went in, I would rate your serve at a 4.0-4.5 IMO. When you start to make less than 65-70% of your serves then I would bump that rating down. This is just for your serves.

Also, there are players that play 3.5 that have a 4.0 serve but the remaining part of their game is a 3.0/3.5.

I would not take ratings on these boards that seriously. Also, if you become overly concerned about ratings, you start to limit yourself. Just continue to work on your game and your rating will determine itself when you play.

Well, there is no absolute correct way to do something. Different people can achieve great things with un-conventional technique. Duval in golf, jonny mac in tennis, that one austrailian bowler that bowls with two hands. The important thing is that you want to be comfortable doing it the way your want. Some people want a concrete model to follow, some people what to discover their own techniques, some people are just weekend warriors that don't expect to get better than a 4.0, a lot don't get better than 3.5.
Serving clip, skip to 1:50 http://vimeo.com/21713707

Last edited by Ajtat411 : 03-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Ajtat411 is offline   Reply With Quote