View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #2011
arche3
Banned

you should teach it to a young player and see if it helps or not. I think at our age it will be of limited benefit as we are too slow to benefit from new techniques. But if a new way of tennis mechanics can be taught to someone young and growing it can be a test of new theories.

But I would refrain from calling the kid an idiot if he does not do it right the first few times.....

I agree there are very few studies of tennis based on biomechanics probably because everyone hits differently. And thinks differently.

I do think you have something to contribute here if you can just stop with the name calling of others who challenge your ideas. The best way to defend your theories is to show us what they are so we can apply them to our game and see if that works. I am at least as athletic as you so I can apply whatever works for you. I am looking forward to your thoughts on the forehand mechanics you've researched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennoc View Post
It's too complicated to write about all aspects here, in a foreign language and under pressure of time. Give me some months.

In a very unusual way. I wanted to find real physical and biomechanical principles of tennis. I read all scientific tennis literature and in my opinion explanations were not good. I started my own work.

First, I built a theoretical, physical model. Then I tried to adapt it and check it on the court. Then I compared the results with the technique of pro players (my library has more than 120 DVDs with many replays of pro strokes). They I built next model and so on. This is not the end of the story, but I can't say more at the moment.

As a result, there are no teaching artifacts in my strokes. That's why they look a bit different than those you see at pro strokes.
arche3 is offline   Reply With Quote