View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #2029
Ash_Smith
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennoc View Post
I leave it, it's too complicated

Cool, so you expect people to accept everything you say, but choose not to take world class tennis advice which will help you improve your own game? Fair Enough!!!

I have never said that every volley is hit in the air. We were talking about volleys ]in motion. Then I said that the main rule is stable, fluid motion of COM and that if you run you achieve this goal by hitting in the air. But if can't do that, my rule is still valid: you have to do everything to make your COM steady. That's why your foot should land on the ground before contact. Before. Never AT the contact - this is a fundamental error and I can scientifically prove it. Theoretically and by analysis of strokes of the best players.

Okay cool, so now you're agreeing with my point about volley foot work. Good job!

Straight takeback doesn't increase inertia. Inertia is always the same, the mass doesn't change during the stroke. You do not understand physics, sorry.
If you make a straight takeback at some point the racquet has to stop moving back in order to move foreward into the impact - yes. This means you have to overcome this stopping force - yes. This inturrupts or lessens your acceleration distance - yes.
Cheers

Ash