View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #37404
sapient007
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismonkey View Post
AQ -- you're right about watching kids being ridiculously draining. many a time i've stayed home with my 2 sick kids and it's exhausting. i look forward to going back to work. agree too about most gov workers being hard working, diligent folks. sadly the minority give the rest a bad name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMan View Post
^^^ AQ and TM, agreed on all counts.

How old are your kids? Mine are 9, 6, and 3. Two girls and a boy, in that order.

We saw how beat up we were when we had our first that we told ourselves we had to space them out to 3 years apart otherwise we'd go crazy. We also didn't want them to be spaced too far apart either. For us, the 3 year difference makes it much more tolerable as the older kid doesn't need much attention by the time the younger one comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen View Post
And...it all puts tennis in perspective. I love my girls; I love my time on court. If only for that 1.5 or 2 hours, I can be me -- the loud, aggressive tomboy. Instead of swimming in a sea of pink clothes, pocketbooks and nail polish (their choice, not mine, I assure you). But at the end of the match, win or lose, I've got a great family to go home to. And they will love me and hug me and kiss me no matter how sweaty, stinky, elated or disappointed I am.

this is all incredibility touching. now i miss my village of kids whom i've shoved in the suburbs of china hoping to never have to deal with them again.. but today i think i'll send them $100, that should supplement them for years along with the job that i've already given them at a nike factory.
sapient007 is offline   Reply With Quote