View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #118
woodrow1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Spin View Post
Bluetrain, I know it was the Wisconsin-Northwestern match. I may be wrong on which team was forfeited. In regards to the enforcement of the rule, the coach of the other team files a protest which is then ruled on for interpretation. Unfortunately, I don't know who rules on the protest. It sould be the ITA officials at the match or the conference. I think Woodrow is a college official. He can give us the answer.
Teams can move their lineup up or down one spot; however, the order still needs to be based on order of ability.

If one team is protesting the line-up, then the coach tells the head referee on-site that they are playing the match under protest. The referee/umpire has NOTHING to do with lineup enforcement except to read the rules in question. The officials on-site do not make any decisions regarding validity of the lineup. After the match, the protesting coach files a protest with the NCAA if a non-conference match, or with the Conference office if it is a conference match. It is handled from their.