View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #37696
hollywood9826
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Question View Post
Zap, as much as I liked the NSX, it is not on-par with Ferrari. Ferrari is about the passion of driving, while the NSX is not. NSX is a copy of it, telling the Italians that yes, Japanese can make a car and perform nearly as good as Italianís exotics. Very much like the 1st generation MR2, a copy of a 308. The motor in the NSX is always lack luster with its 290bhp 6 cyl., even for its days, it wasnít impressive. I know youíre a Honduh boy, but címon, really?

The Corvette with its LS7 is impressive for the price, but itís a vette, it doesnít have the prestige of their Italian competitions. Vette comes with plastic dash, doors, trunks, OHV motor, well, you get what you paid for, yes?
I was comapring a Vette to an NSX. Just from a performance standpoint.

For the price of used NSX you can get a mid 2000's ZO6. From a performance standpoint that ZO6 will compete just fine with an NSX. Add in the fact that vette parts are a dime a dozen and its way chaeper to own a better performing vette than an NSX.

The only car I would remoltey compare to Italian counterparts would have been the Ford GT which for 150 thousand was a huge value. But Im sure was no where near as refined. Those Italian Supercars just have the styling.