View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
tennis34
New User

Default P90X modified for tennis season (my round 2)

I'm proud to say that I did finish all 90 days of P90X program! It was a great experience, and it made me feel really energized when I walk out on the tennis court.

Now, I'm preparing to do it all over again, and since it's summer, it will be easier to incorporate tennis into it.

Results from the first time around

1) I lost 10 pounds. (Down to 192 from 202).
2) My shoulders, chest and arms are better defined.
3) I never had so much energy, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I can spend 2 intense hours on the tennis court and still feel like i have some energy left. Plyometrics dvd gets the most credits for it.

Lessons learned from Round 1

1) I need to eat better this time around to gain more muscle mass. I bought protein shakes, and cut down on carbs (bread) and eating more meat/fish. Definitely eating more vegetables and fruits too.

2) I wanted to get better abs definition the first time around, but it's just not showing up. I gave up all mochas and fatty food. Replacing all my sugar cravings with fruit.

3) I'm doing more Yoga this time around. I was too lenient on myself first time around, and I'd skip it a lot.

My Modifications

I modified P90X schedule to incorporate tennis instead of all P90X cardio dvds. It's summer, and I play tennis 4-5 times a week

The challenge is to find time to do all P90X stuff in addition to tennis, work and sleep. So, instead of having a set day for each dvd, I will have a list of workouts to do every week. For example, if I have to carry over the Ab Ripper to the next day, so be it. Or, I can always work in 30 minutes of Yoga as the warm up before tennis...

Weeks 1,2,3,9, 11

Chest & Back

Yoga X

Shoulders & Arms

Back & Biceps

3 times Abs Ripper X

4 times Tennis

Weeks 5, 6, 7, 10, 12

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Yoga X

Back & Biceps

Shoulders & Arms