View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 AM   #31
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexpurestorm View Post
ive been playing about 5 times a week getting 2-3 sets in each time. sometimes just hitting working on my backhand. last sat i actually played a match at 11, finished at 1. jumped into the car drove 30 mins to start another match at 1:30 and finished around 3:30. really tired after that. i do work 9-5, but i get some good playing time around 6-9 everynight. i mainly need to work on my conditioning. i have good stamina, but need to eat healthier. i could drop about 15lbs.

i have a finance degree and work in corporate accounting. i dont plan on quitting my day job (literally). but i need to get my competitive juices going and i enjoy playing tennis. it is tough working full time and trying to fit in a lot of practice, but it is possible with the right dedication.
I think you are putting the cart before the horse. You are talking about ATP Points when you should be having small goals and revise them as you go along.

"I want to be 5.0" Then when you actually get there, "I want to win an open tournament", then "I want to dominate Open tournaments in Socal. " If you actually reach this point (and that's a big IF), it would be realistic to start thinking about trying to get ATP points. Talking about ATP points when you have not done anything noteworthy in Tennis at any level just seems very premature.

BTW playing 5 days/week after work and on weekends is great. I wish I could do that, but it doesn't necessarily mean you going to improve to the level you want especially if you are just playing sets. I know plenty of working adult 4.5s that play 4-6 days a week. Guess what after many years they are still 4.5s.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote