Thread: The Donald
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #55
AM95
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemcclain32 View Post
I don't think people are understanding my point I'm making.

There's not a chance in hell ANY of us are going to beat him. He IS top 200 in the world. His serve is upwards of 125+. He's a physical specimen.

But I'm just saying that the guy has faced guys like Nadal and Hewitt, and made tons of errors. He's faced guys like Blake and lost because of errors. When he's been on his horrible losing streaks like he's been on in these qualifiers and wild cards, he makes these same mistakes. I'm not saying anyone on here is BETTER than Donald Young, because that's a numbnuts idea in itself. I'm just saying that, no matter who he plays, he plays the same way, makes a ton of errors, double faults a ton, and gets into his own head.

Now if he curbed the mistakes, every single one of us here would be lucky to get a point. That's just what I'm trying to say. I once got whacked in a tournament 1 and 1 by a guy WAY WAY past my level(I was 18 at the time), and the reason it was 1 and 1 instead of a double bagel because, in those two games he lost combined, he had 4 double faults and four errors.

Donald Young's problem, flat out, is his head more than anything else. He's still an elite player compared to the world, but he makes a LOT of mistakes(and the majority are unforced), and that's my point. What's keeping him from making mistakes against a lesser player?
notice how your examples are Nadal, Hewitt, and Blake, current and former top 10 players...

i doubt that you or anyone here could take donald young out of his comfort zone at all to make him make the errors he makes when playing professional players.

so your point really makes no sense.
AM95 is offline   Reply With Quote