View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #4555
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezs View Post
Almunia should be leaving, the young Pole is inexperienced, Fabianski is a ticking time bomb.
They could and should have picked up Brad Fridel on the cheap.

No chance in hell Liverpool wins it all or finishes top 3 this season.

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5.Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Sunderland
8. Fulham
9. Bolton

I have a feeling Chelsea are going to suck this season, too many glaring holes in the side and Roman has been reluctant to splash the cash out on the players that Chelsea will need to make a big push on all fronts this term. There's still 5-6 new players needed, maybe 1 or 2 will come. Maybe.

As for Arsenal, it all depends on the impending sale of Fab and Nasri. I heard they've got Juan Mata lined up, which would be sweet.

Liverpool will have a good strikeforce this year but that's it.

City will make it far. Really far, but won't win it. United will.

Sunderland is going to surprise a lot of folks this year. They were pretty good last year and now that Gyan is settled I feel that him alongside some of their new signings will get them in great shape this time around. Maybe make a push for Europe.

I'm not sold on Spurs, but if Modric stays around then something could happen. Anyone see VdV's wicked free kick goal vs. Orlando Pirates from last week?

Also, I just put down a few bucks on Real Madrid taking the Champions League at 9/2 odds. Smart bet, I think. Madrid will take it this year.

Last edited by NickC : 07-22-2011 at 05:50 PM.
NickC is offline   Reply With Quote