View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #25
croatian sensation
Professional

Send a message via MSN to croatian sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Guazzelli
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...b_thursday.asp

Two youngsters from Serbia and Montenegro, Novak Djokovic and Ilia Bozoljac, turned in straight-sets upsets Wednesday at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors to advance to the quarterfinals for the first time in an ATP-level event.

The 18-year-old Djokovic dismissed fourth-seeded Radek Stepanek 6-3, 6-4 on Center Court, recording his second consecutive win over a Czech in Zagreb. He also defeated Robin Vik in straight sets earlier this week.

Qualifier Bozoljac, ranked No. 215 in the INDESIT ATP Rankings, picked up his third career win as he defeated eight-seeded Feliciano Lopez 7-6, 6-2. The 20-year-old is making his second appearance in an ATP-level event after going 1-1 in Umag last year.
I was totally surprised by Bozoljac's win...although he has a powerful serve and his shots are quite precise. But since I have watched him play against Bracciali I wasn't sure how could he handle a better player, like Lopez. I'm glad he won. Djokovic-Bozoljac will be an interesting one to watch.

And Karlovic's win was just what I've hoped for. It's great to see his game is going upwards and I'm glad he won in front of his home-crowd (as him being the only one actually from Zagreb,although atptennis is repeating the same mistake every day-saying that Cilic is Zagreb born...and the kid isn't from Croatia at all...he's from Bosnia&Herzegovina,he's a Croat by nationality)

Yesterday's Murray-Ljubicic was the best match of the tourney so far. After what he has shown against Ljubo, I consider him one of the biggest potentials for 2006.
croatian sensation is offline   Reply With Quote