1) It is not a problem with all frames and low end stringing machines.
2) It is a problem when you string certain frames with low end stringing machines. These low end stringing machines have too much flex or play in mounting supports or base. Or a both could be an issue.
3) This not a function of 2 point vs 6 point mounting systems. There are many fine machines that employ 2 point and 6 point systems.
4) When you combine certain frames and certain low end machines (Sorry Klippermate Users), you see head compression.
5) The frame I have seen this occur with are many of the Head Twin Tube models.. ie Radicals, Dunlop MW series. Some of Volkl line. You will not see head compession on a Wilson PS 6.1 and a POG.
6) Incorrect Mounting (User Error) on a good machine can also produce head compression with these certain frames
Last edited by SteveI : 08-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.