View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #39
LuckyR
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Yes, but you're drinking less than an ounce to relieve the cramps. There isn't enough salt in an ounce to make a difference. I still think it's the vinegar. The science seems to agree.

I think it's genetics. I've always been a cramper .. even when much younger

I do have a salt ring on my cap after a long day of tennis. However, I take in plenty of salt so that's not an issue as far as the cramping.

- - - -

I played for 5 hours today. At about the 4th hour, my toes and right calf started cramping. Hit the pickle juice and bingo, cramps gone within a minute

What an amazing discovery for me this is! There is nothing worse than feeling the cramps traveling up your body .. from toes to calves, to thighs, to abdomen, etc.

I'll always pack a couple ounces of pickle juice whenever I play sports from now on.

We all agree that the product you are using is great for the problem you are seeking to solve. Since you are making your own and can vary the formula, leave out the salt one time and report your findings. I, for one, am interested in your result.

BTW, I am not suprised (obviously) with your report of being a salt losing perspirer, and Shazam! you drink a very concentrated salt solution and your cramps disappear.

Last edited by LuckyR : 08-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.
LuckyR is offline   Reply With Quote