View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #1770
cayzi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppawat View Post
Finally I've found the right set up for X-Dual Gold 99, +10g butt cap, 3g weight slide at 12, double overgrip over 4-1/4 (normally I play 4-3/ and hybrid string at 55 lbs. The racquet plays very soft throughout the entire frame and this reminds me of Head PT57A. For sure, it's not 67RA as printed inside the throat. I think the Gold 99 may be just lighter and thinner version of PT57A (while Platinum 99 can match to PT57E). It's one of the most comfortable I've played. The way Gold 99 respond to hard-hitting ball is very well cushioned and comfortable, almost zero shock. Without 3g weight slide, the frame vibrates on off-center hit. No need to add more weight at 3/9 since the racquet is already torsionally stable.
suppawat did you try Silver maybe? I am very happy with Silver and feels much better for me than XP Dual. A lot of power.

I am using this strings:
http://www.solincosports.com/strings...e%20hybrid.php

Could you please tell me because now I am also interested in GOLD how this compare to SILVER. I guess with more static weight and less head heaviness + more flex you must have even longer swing to get power as SILVER deliver?

Also I notice that Donnay grips are a little smaller than other brands. For example I have Donnay in grip size 3 and I have a feeling that is more like 2.5 size. Should I even consider bigger grip size because I can put my finger on tight in between other fingers when holding it as hammer.

Here are the pictures how I measure the grip size on donnay grip size 3. It depends how I put my thumb finger - see pictures.

1. picture how i pick my racket in head. I hold it normally - no big squeeze, normal holding.

2. picture if I position my thumb in a way shown in picture there is enough room for index finger.

3. if I position my thumb as shown in picture there is not enough to put my index finger in between.

So what is not with my grip size? Is it ok or should I get bigger one? I already use over grip - I think is 0,6mm thin.

Thanks!

Last edited by cayzi : 08-20-2011 at 03:32 PM.
cayzi is offline   Reply With Quote