View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #226
coachbrian
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexpurestorm View Post
i actually remember that loss quite well. that was the loss that determined me to get better. that was a year ago when i was demoing racquets and thought my game was the best thing since sliced bread. i thought i could handle any racquet and was using the blx 6.1 90. i remember the crippling tennis elbow that thing gave me. i broke a string the match before and i took it into a big box store and told the stringer i broke strings alot. so they gave me kevlar at 60lbs( i dont reccomend this to anyone). needless to say i sold that racquet and went through many other racquets untill i found the pstgt. i have my own stringer now and know much much more about tennis and i dont get tennis elbow any more. about 6 months ago i did get a chance for a rematch against keith in my ultimate tennis league. the score was 6-7 0-6 and i have improved a great deal since even then. i think then i was using the yonex rdis 100 mid. im fairly certain if i played him now i would win or at least go 3 sets.

but i know what your saying about the level jumping. the problem is that the 5.0 and 5.5 levels never bring a good size draw. its usually like 4.5 has 20-30 ppl open has 25-35 ppl and if there is a 5.0 or 5.5 draw its like a maximum of 8ppl. so its either get my moneys worth at 4.5 or get a lesson at open.
I understand what your saying. But are you trying to get better? So playing a smaller draw with better players wont get you better? It looks like Keith just walked his 5.0 draw if im not correct? It sounds like you are looking for quantity and not quality.

Wether you win vs Keith or not, it looks like he is moving up, and your still at your level. Right?
coachbrian is offline   Reply With Quote