View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #75
basil J
Hall Of Fame

I played a good match yesterday, ended up losing 10-8 in a 3rd set tie break. The string set up was a tad springy and I over hit a couple of times at key points of the match. I think I need to get out and just hit so I can get dialed in. I have this frame for three days and have already played & lost two matches with it. The trajectory is a little higher than the standard 200 so, although the added depth is welcome, I just need to simply hit a few hundred ground strokes and get dialed in. I was not too impressed with the Volkl hybrid. the poly moved around quite a bit, it was rather springy and I feel I could have gone a bit higher in tension. Having said that, the comfort is great and it seems to be a comfortable frame to use. Once I find my range, it feels like a good attacking frame that so far, feels pretty well rounded, and much more powerful than the standard 4d 200. I actually played a practice set after the match with my 200 and blanked him 6-0. Difference in spin and power were very noticeable, but ironically, I couldn't miss a serve, where with the tour, I was certainly throwing heat, but also quite a few just long, so again, just a matter of getting dialed in. I must add that the swing weight does not seem to be an issue and the tour, so far is extremely comfortable and easy to maneuver at the net.

Last edited by basil J : 08-28-2011 at 04:44 AM.
basil J is offline   Reply With Quote